Monday, January 21, 2008

hand-made iPhone case

I was checking out Etsy.com for a hand-made iPhone case. No one had come up with one yet, and there was one inspirational hit when I googled the idea.


So, this morning, I set off to make my own iPhone case. The problem with me and sewing is that I like to have this wonderful picture of the final product in my mind before I figure out the logistics of the project. It seemed so simple - the only thing that I thought would be difficult was avoiding the "looseness" of the fabric around the touch screen.


Basically, I just wrapped the fabric over the phone to measure the correct size.....and an hour later, wha-la! Below is the final product. It was my first attempt at the idea - so there are some obvious flaws and steps I would change the next time I make one. It's not very protective, but it adds a nice personal touch to the boring cases and skins that are mass-produced.

My roommate Fabiola suggested that I sell them.

Suggestions? Comments? Glad to hear 'em.

6 comments:

Phil Matarese said...

What's an iPhone?

Phil Matarese said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phil Matarese said...

iPhone esta el futuro? Es verdad? Creo que no. Pero, buenos suerte con su compania favorita "Apple."

Lo siento. Cambie un adjectivo masculino a feminina.

Azure said...

There doesn´t seem to be anything wrong with this model. Looks great!

m. said...

that took an hour?

Daniel B said...

that's the ugliest case ive ever seen.
sorry.