Monday, June 23, 2008

Virtual Tour



Managed to do a few neat things this week! I feel like my time in Barcelona is running out, and while I've accomplished so much, I still feel this weird need to do more. More...more!!

Jen and I went to the Olympic Pool in Montjuic, had a nice swim and sun day.



I attempted to go see a local band, The Unfinished Sympathy, at Sidecar on Thursday, but when we got to the show, the bouncer informed us that the singer had a fever and the show was cancelled. They didn't even give us a full refund!

Friday, Jen and I needed to get out of the house so we went up the into the hills to the Parc del Laberint, an estate built in the 1700s, host to a large family with enough money to build and maintain a maze garden. Jen and I felt silly and we took videos, in the Blair Witch approach, of us stuck in the maze and panicking. It was funny to us.


Jen's friend from Seattle, Nicole, is back from Morocco so yesterday we ventured up to Figueres, about 2 hours north by train. Home of Salvador Dali and the famous museum that he built for himself.

I love the guy and his art intrigues me, makes me laugh and cringe at the same time. The fine details of the paintings will never cease to impress me.

Golden loaf of bread, delicately balanced on the head

Weird larger-than-life display, as veiwed through a convex looking glass

No comments: